Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hood Rich

When I was growing up on the south side of Arlington there were only a few places in my neighborhood where I could grab a quick bite to eat. Unfortunately they were Wendy's, Popeye's, T.G.I. Friday's and Five Guys. Five Guys was without a doubt my number one choice.

Now that I've moved a few miles north to Arlington's bustling Clarendon area, my neighborhood food options are vastly improved. There is an incredible Alsatian-style brasserie/cafe (Lyon Hall), several bars and restaurants serving their own brands of continental cuisine, a Spanish tapas place (see my first post), a middle-eastern kabob joint, a southwestern-style cantina, an Indian restaurant, an upscale Lebanese restaurant, the finest gourmet steaks and burgers (Ray's the Steaks and Ray's Hell Burger)and the best damn Mexican food-truck-turned-retail-taqueria (El Charrito Caminante). With so many phenomenal options and more opening on an almost-monthly basis, it's become increasingly difficult for me to choose a favorite. Keep in mind that the places I've named are all within a half-mile of my house, and I didn't even mention the sandwich shop that roasts its beef, pork and turkey daily. You can see why every time I decide I want to walk somewhere to grab a bite, I'm riddled with indecision.

The BEST wings I've ever had.
There is one place however that I've grown to adore. I don't know if it's the low lighting, the warm and inviting decor, the selection of wonderful libations, or the BEST wings I've ever had, but EatBar has won my heart stomach as my neighborhood go-to.

Owned and operated by Neighborhood Restaurant Group (go figure), EatBar offers top-notch cocktails, decent charcuterie, cheeses from around the world, entrĂ©es that will make you salivate, and did I mention the BEST wings I've ever had? 


I've literally tried everything on their menu except the house-marinated olive appetizer, and I've never once been disappointed. Their beer selection, albeit small, is well-rounded and even the pickiest drinker is bound to 
find something he or she will enjoy.

Gnome's Water: Hendrick's Gin, Lavender, Cucumber


Lamb Burger with Tzatziki, Red Onion and Feta



Toasted Cornbread with Avocado Butter and Jalpeno Jelly

Your basic Maine mussels in white wine, garlic and parsley.



I'm far from a wine snob, but I've enjoyed every glass I've tried. I'm not sure, but I'd be willing to bet EatBar's wine list comes from Neighborhood Restaurant Group's retail wine shop Planet Wine. If you have the inclination to try a few wines, you can opt for one of their flights or try almost any wine on the list in a 3, 6 or 10oz. serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment